Published in the November 1-14, 2017 issue of Gilroy Life
Free guitar lessons
- Gorden Gibson teaches free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Line dancing lessons
- Enjoy line dancing lessons from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
Parkinson’s support group
- Meet at the Village Green Senior Living Center, 7600 Isabella Way, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
- Starting Sept. 25 at 10 a.m. at Informed Choices. Join with other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting. Nutrition, postpartum and breastfeeding are discussed as well as a variety of topics. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout hours are from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Masters swimming is for adult swimmers looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
- Games at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
Tuesday Nights Together
- Enjoy programs for all ages that include dinner from 6 to 7:45 p.m. at Gilroy Presbyterian Church, 6000 Miller Ave. They offer age-specific programs for children and youth, as well as five-week parenting and spiritual classes for adults. Details/register: www.gilroypres.org.
SV Woodworkers meet
- Enjoy working with wood and sharing your woodworking knowledge? Then join the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy and Hollister. The group meets regularly at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early bird games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
Late evening gym
- Come to a safe space to play basketball, dodge ball, video and other games, food and fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym. This is for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. Bring a parent or guardian to get a permission slip if you are attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
- The Flea Market takes place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the San Martin Presbyterian Church, 13200 Lincoln Ave. Space available for $15.
- Join the poetry fun with the longest running group in South County area from 3:30 to 5 p.m., Gilroy Public Library, 350 W. 6th St. All levels welcome.
First, third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nov. 2 to 4
Audition for SVCT’s new play
- Audition signups are available for South Valley Civic Theatre’s teen show, “Thoroughly Modern Millie,” at Live Oak High School, 1505 E. Main Ave. Performances are Feb. 23 – March 17. This play requires a cast of 30-plus teens (ages 13-19). Details: Marianne Snook at (408) 406-4276 or email email@example.com, or visit www.svct.org.
Black, White & Bling Gala
- Attend the “Black, White & Bling!” Community Solutions’ 6th Annual Gala at 6 p.m. at the Granada Theatre in Morgan Hill. Proceeds support local children, youth and families affected by abuse, violence and mental health issues. Tickets and details: www.communitysolutions.org or call (408) 846-4704.
Growing vegetables in containers
- Grow healthy vegetables in containers all year round. Containers allow you to utilize many different spaces to grow your own food. Learn about containers, soil, nutrients and irrigation that will help you grow vegetables successfully from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St. Presented by UCCE Master Gardener Joan Cloutier.
Trash Bash to Clean up San Martin
- Volunteer for the inaugural Trash Bash, an event to clean up San Martin, beginning with registration from 8 to 9 a.m. at the Sig Sanchez Government Center, 80 Highland Ave., San Martin, followed by a flag raising at 8:30 a.m. The event will go to noon, or until dumpsters are full. Please RSVP for headcount to firstname.lastname@example.org. School service hours are available for students 16 and older. All volunteers must sign a waiver and should wear work clothes and sturdy shoes. Trash pickup materials will be provided to all volunteers.
YogaFEST comes to Gilroy
- After two successful years in Morgan Hill YogaFEST is coming to Gilroy. YogaFEST is a fun filled experience for the whole family with different types and levels of yoga, wellness expertise, music, dance and more. YogaFEST is an all-out celebration of living in sync with body-mind and soul. Come and make shop for apparel & accessories; indulge in Popsicles and get henna tattoos. The event takes place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Christmas Hill Park, 7050 Miller Ave. The cost is $12 to $20 and tickets are available at www.eventbrite.com/e/yogafest-2017-gilroy-ca-tickets-38099963015. Details: (408) 658-0134 or email@example.com.
Find unique gifts
- Come for an exciting shopping event that will include 25 craft and direct sales vendors from 2 to 7 p.m., at Old City Hall. There will be a variety to shop from to help mark off your holiday shopping list. And while here, enjoy our complimentary mimosas and appetizers. Grab your friends, share this event and shop. Free Tickets at www.bit.ly/sssparkleevent.
Nov. 17 to Dec. 9
‘Inspecting Carol’ coming to Gilroy
- Limelight Actors Theater presents “Inspecting Carol,” a hilarious holiday comedy at the Gilroy Center for the Arts, 7341 Monterey Road. Tickets are $20 and available at www.LimelightActorsTheater.com. There will be a raffle and door prizes at each performance at the show is a fundraiser for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.
Gav presents Aesop’s Fables
- Gavilan College Children’s Theater presents “Aesop’s Fable,” at 2 p.m. at the college’s theater, 5055 Santa Teresa Blvd. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students and seniors and are available at the college bookstore or at BookSmart in Morgan Hill. Details: (408) 846-4973.
Send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Calendar of Events – Published in the January 10 – 23, 2018 issue of Gilroy Life - January 6, 2018
- Calendar of Events – Published in the December 13 – 26, 2017 issue of Gilroy Life - December 8, 2017
- Calendar of Events: Published in the November 29 – December 12, 2017 issue of Gilroy Life - November 29, 2017