Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Free guitar lessons
- Gorden Gibson teaches free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Line dancing lessons
- Line dancing from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food addict meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is a free 12-step recovery program for anyone suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. Meetings are held at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details or a list of additional meetings throughout the U.S. and the world, call 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Parenting Support Group
- Starting Sept. 25 at 10 a.m. at Informed Choices. Join with other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting. Nutrition, postpartum and breastfeeding are discussed as well as a variety of topics. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Masters swimming is for adult swimmers looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
- Games at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
SV Woodworkers meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy and Hollister. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.thvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second, fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley is a grassroots effort, aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, working to protect democracy and core values, with a focus on local communities. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the Centennial Recreation Center, 171 W Edmundson Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early bird games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
Late evening gym
- Come to a safe space to play games, and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym. Food is served. This program is for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. Must get a permission slip if you are attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
First, third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South County Young Professionals are invited to attend the New Year Kick-Off Mixer at ARTspace ANNEX, 240 5th St, Hollister, from 6 to 8 p.m. Wine, appetizers, live music and cupcakes are included. The cost is free for members, $5 non-members.
Pruning deciduous trees
- Learn the basics of pruning fruit trees from 10 a.m. to noon at the South County Teaching and Demonstration Garden at St. Louise Regional Hospital. Not only will pruning techniques be demonstrated by Master Gardeners, but if you’d like to try pruning, bring pruning shears and gloves.
Tuesday Nights Together
- Enjoy programs for all ages that include dinner from 6 to 7:45 p.m. at Gilroy Presbyterian Church, 6000 Miller Ave. They offer age-specific programs for children and youth, as well as a five-week Spanish language instruction through the Bible and a five-week study on the psychology and faith of King David. Details/register: www.gilroypres.org.
Through Jan. 31
Gilroy Foundation grant cycle open
- The Gilroy Foundation’s 2018 Grant Cycle closes Jan. 31, 2018. All nonprofits with a 501(c)(3) status, GUSD schools, and Gilroy city programs are eligible to apply. To apply, download an application, at www.gilroyfoundation.org. Grant application, supporting documentation and copies must be submitted to the Foundation by mail. Details: email@example.com.
- During this seminar, learn best practices, vetting application, background check requirements and other pitfalls to avoid when hiring. It takes place from 7:30 to 10 a.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn, 6070 Monterey Road. Cost is $40 for GEAC members, $55 for non-members. To register, call (408) 216-6145.
Send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.