Published in the March 7 – 20, 2018 Issue of Gilroy Life
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A refresher course for motorists 50 and older is taking place. Must call and register to get date and location. Participants will familiarize themselves with driver safety and new laws. No tests. Course, class materials and instructor provided by AARP. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. Details and to register, call (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m. only.
Free Guitar Lessons
- Gorden Gibson teaches free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is a free 12-step recovery program for anyone suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. Meetings are held at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details or a list of additional meetings throughout the U.S. and the world, call 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
SV Woodworkers meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy and Hollister. Group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.thvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second, fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley is a grassroots effort, aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, working to protect democracy and core values, with a focus on local communities. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the Centennial Recreation Center, 171 W Edmundson Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early bird games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
First, third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe place to share grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Gilroy Friends of the Library Book Sale takes place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the library, 350 W. Sixth St. Fill a grocery bag with books for $8 for non-members, $5 for members. Details: www. friendsofgilroylibrary.org.
Creating Moments of Joy
- Gerontologist Esther Koch will help you tap into your potential to create moments of joy as a caregiver from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St.
Helping Hands & Healing Hearts
- Join Community Solutions for the 15th annual Helping Hands & Healing Hearts Awards Luncheon from 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Community & Cultural Center. Proceeds support programs creating positive change for local children, families and individual. Tickets/Info: www.communitysolutions.org.
- This service will be an evening of singing and meaningful stories with Worship Director Reggie Coates, and begins at 6:30 p.m. at Gilroy Presbyterian Church, 6000 Miller Ave. Details (408) 842-3000.
Unleash Your Creativity
- The Gilroy branch of the American Association of University Women is sponsoring a paint night and a percentage of the $40 fee will benefit their scholarship fund. It takes place from 3 to 5 p.m. at Old City Hall Restaurant, 7400 Monterey St. Make reservations by calling (408) 202-2933 or online at www.pinotspalette.com.
- “Here One Day: A Family Copes With Mental Illness,” is a candid film about a woman coping with mental illness. It begins at 6 p.m., at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR – Published in the March 21 – April 3, 2018 issue of Gilroy Life - March 16, 2018
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR: Published in the March 7 – 20, 2018 Issue of Gilroy Life - March 3, 2018
- Calendar of Events: Published in the January 24 – February 6, 2018 issue of Gilroy Life - January 19, 2018