Published in the June 27 – July 10, 2018 issue of Gilroy Life
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A course for motorists 50 and older is taking place. Must call and register to get date and location. Participants will familiarize themselves with driver safety and new laws. No tests. Course, class materials and instructor provided. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m.
Free Guitar Lessons
- Gorden Gibson teaches free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is a free 12-step program for those suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. Meetings are held at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details or a list of additional meetings, call 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meet at the Merrill Gardens Activity Room, 7600 Isabella Way, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Parenting Support Group
- Join with other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Monday & Thursday
- Games at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- From 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Masters swimming for adults looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
- Each class consists of a short introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. Suggested donation $5. No one turned away.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the first Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free gently used clothing and household items. Visit 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Free Ukulele Jam Session
- Have fun with an enthusiastic group of ukulele players at the monthly Gilroy Ukulele Jam, 6 to 8 p.m., at Old City Hall Restaurant, 7400 Monterey Road. All playing levels welcome; free beginner lessons from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.
SV Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, San Martin and Hollister. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second, fourth Wednesday
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley is a grassroots effort, aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, working to protect democracy and core values, with a focus on local communities. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
- These meetings are for family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse. They meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early bird games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
Late Evening Gym for Teens
- Come to a safe space to play games and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym, 222 I.O.O.F. Ave. Food is served. This program is for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. Permission slip needed if attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of early morning jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. It’s a great deli-café at the corner of 4th and Eigleberry streets across from the post office. They play songs from their past three songbooks, which are available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
- Join the poetry fun with the longest running group in South County area from 3:30 to 5 p.m., at the Gilroy Public Library, 350 W. 6th St. All levels are welcome.
First, third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- Meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St., and provides a safe place to share grief. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s all go to the Park
- The Annual “Summer Fun in the Park” and family fitness activities takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at Galvan Park, 17666 Crest Ave., Morgan Hill.
June 29 to July 21
‘The Last Five Years’ on Stage
- Limelight Actors Theater presents the popular musical “The Last Five Years,” at the Gilroy Center for the Arts, 7341 Monterey St. Tickets are $25, $22 for seniors 65 and older and are available at www.limelightactorstheater.com/home.html.
July 9 – 13
Summer Camps for Kids Downtown
- Looking for something fun and exciting for 7- to-13-year-olds to do? Sign up for the 2nd annual summer camp hosted by The Gilroy Downtown Business Association. Each day there will be two fun and kid-friendly activities at downtown businesses with hosted lunch. Available sessions are July 9-13, July 16-20, & July 23-27 and runs from 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Fees include a T-shirt, lunch, snacks, and activities. Call (408) 842-0005 for information and visit https://app.simplyafterschool.com/GDBA to sign up.
Tail Waggers Wagathon
- The South County Tail Waggers presents its 2nd Annual 5K Walking Wagathon from 8 to 11 a.m., at Christmas Hill Park, 7050 Miller Ave.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Oct. 20, 2018 – CASA Center — Open House from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. - September 21, 2018
- Learn how to spot fake news with media expert — Oct. 13, 2018 at Gilroy Library - September 21, 2018
- September 22, 2018 – Miller Red Barn BBQ Fundraiser - September 17, 2018