Published in the October 3 – 16, 2018 issue of Gilroy Life
Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Free Guitar Lessons
- Free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous is a free 12-step program for those suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating or bulimia. Meetings are held at 7 p.m. at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: Call 800-600-6028 or visit www.foodaddicts.org.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meet at the Merrill Gardens Activity Room, 7600 Isabella Way, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America in Morgan Hill meets at 7 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte on Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Mondays & Thursdays
- Games at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
- Each class consists of a short introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. Suggested donation $5. No one turned away.
Tues. & Thurs.
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the first Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items, at 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Student Recovery/Life Skills Class
- “Life Hurts God Heals” is an eight-step recovery program for middle and high school students providing life skills for students. Free classes take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Cathedral of Faith, 7250 Forest St., Gilroy. Details: Suzie at (408) 497-2494.
SV Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, San Martin and Hollister. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Naranon Family Meeting
- For family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse, these meetings take place from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
- Creative writing class, no experience required, meets at 2 p.m. for 13 weeks, Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Amanda Chiado at (408) 621-5114.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early bird games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
- Join the poetry fun with the longest running group in South County area from 3:30 to 5 p.m., Gilroy Public Library, 350 W. 6th St. All levels welcome.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.Saturdays
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. They play songs from their past three songbooks, which are available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
First, third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- Meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St., and provides a safe place to share grief. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oct. 3, Nov. 7 & Dec. 5
Disaster Preparedness Workshops
- Attend one of the disaster preparedness workshops at 7 p.m. at the Gilroy Library, 660 W. Sixth St. Learn what to do if you can’t return home after a disaster, how to reconnect with family, how to create a disaster kit. Details: (408) 842-8207 or www.sccl.org.
- Check out the creepy crawlers from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Henry W. Coe State Park. Food served from noon to 2 p.m. Join in the fun and support the state park. Details: www.coepark.net or call (408) 779-2728.
Use Drought Tolerant Plants
- Find out how to remove your lawn and add plants that do great with little water from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St. You will also get a list of plants native to Gilroy or do very well in the area with little water. There will also be native seeds to try in your garden.
Party in the Vineyard
- The annual Party in the Vineyard sponsored by Coldwell Banker takes place from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fortino Winery. Tickets available at partyinthevinyardCB.EventBrite.com.
Library Book Sale
- Fill a grocery bag with great books for $8, or $5 for members, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the library, 350 W. Sixth St. Proceeds support free classes and events at the library. Details: email@example.com.
- Enjoy an afternoon of food, music and family dun at the 3rd Annual Community BBQ in appreciation of first responders from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Louise Regional Hospital, 9400 No Name Uno.
Oct. 15 to Dec. 12
After School Art Classes
- The Gilroy Arts Alliance has art classes for K-12 students. They take place from 3 to 4:30 p.m. and 4:30 to 6 p.m. Details: www.gilroycenterforthearts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.