Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A course for motorists 50 and older is taking place. Must call and register to get date and location. Participants will familiarize themselves with driver safety and new laws. No tests. Course, materials and instructor provided. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m.
Free Guitar Lessons
- Free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery is a 12-step program for those suffering from overeating, under-eating or bulimia. Meetings are at 7 p.m., Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Monday & Thursday
- Bridge games begin at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- From 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Masters swimming for adults looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.
- Each class consists of a short introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. Suggested donation $5. No one turned away.
Tuesday & Thursday
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the first Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items, at 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Student Recovery/Life Skills Class
- “Life Hurts God Heals” is an eight-step program for middle and high schoolerd providing life skills. Free classes take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Cathedral of Faith, 7250 Forest St. Details: Suzie at (408) 497-2494.
Second, fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley, a grassroots effort aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, works to protect democracy and core values, focusing on local communities. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
Naranon Family Meeting
- For family and friends affected by a loved one’s drug abuse, these meetings take place from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
- Creative writing class, no experience required, meets at 2 p.m. for 13 weeks, Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Amanda Chiado at (408) 621-5114.
Women in Touch
- Women in Touch II invite others to renew friendships and make new ones. Meetings, which include lunch and entertainment, take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Gilroy Elks Lodge. The cost is $23, reservations required. Call Mary Saccullo at (408) 847-1964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- This group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
Late Evening Gym
- Come to a safe space to play games and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym, 222 I.O.O.F. Ave. Food is served. This program is for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. A permission slip is needed if attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. They play songs from their past three songbooks, which are available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
First & third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- Meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St., and provides a safe place to share grief. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email email@example.com.
Hike Mendoza Ranch
- Take this Friday hike from 5 to 6 p.m. at the Mendoza Ranch entrance of Coyote Lake/Harvey Bear Ranch County Park. Parking is free. It takes about 60 minutes to complete the loop and is moderately challenging. Details: www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/parkfinder/Pages/CoyoteLake.aspx.
The Bay Bells Perform
- Celebrate the season with holiday music played on handbells and the organ at a fun, family-friendly concert presented by Bay Bells and accompanied by Kyle Jones, director of music at Advent Lutheran Church. The concert begins at 5:30 p.m. at the church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Bay Bells is one of the nation’s longest-running community ensembles. In lieu of tickets, donations will be accepted. Details: Kendra Scott at (408) 722-7898 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open play tennis
- It’s time to find out how much you’ve been missing by not playing tennis. Come on out from 8 to 10 a.m. at Las Animas Park. It’s for both experienced players and newcomers. There will also be a representative from The Gilroy Tennis Club available.
Oddities of Being in Space
- Things happen in space that are both a surprise and sometimes very different from life here on Earth. This 45-minute session starts at 1 p.m. at the Wings of History Air Museum, 12777 Murphy Ave., and will introduce you to these “space oddities.” Details: email@example.com.
Please send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.