Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A course for motorists 50 and older is taking place. Must call and register to get date and location. Participants will familiarize themselves with driver safety and new laws. No tests. Course, materials and instructor provided. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m.
Free Guitar Lessons
- Free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery, a 12-step program for those suffering from overeating, under-eating or bulimia, meet at 7 p.m., Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meet at the Merrill Gardens Activity Room, 7600 Isabella Way, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte on Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Active Living Programs
- Meet from 1:30 to 2:40 p.m. at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: (408) 607-8254 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday & Thursday
- Bridge games begin at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email email@example.com.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- From 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Masters swimming for adults looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each class consists of a short introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. Suggested donation $5. No one turned away.
Tuesday & Thursday
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the first Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items, at 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Student Recovery/Life Skills Class
- “Life Hurts, God Heals” is an eight-step program for middle and high schoolers providing life skills. Free classes take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Cathedral of Faith, 7250 Forest St. Details: Suzie at (408) 497-2494.
Alzheimer, Dementia Care Support
- Find support, respite, and education 6:30 p.m. in the activities room at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Anne Seckinger at (408) 857-7811.
American Sewing Guild
- If you love to sew and work with fabric you’ll enjoy meeting with like-minded people who are part of a group of sewing enthusiasts who challenge and teach each other sewing skills. They meet at 10 a.m. in the Jackson Oaks area of Morgan Hill. Details: www.asgsanjose.org.
SV Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, San Martin and Hollister. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second, Fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley, a grassroots effort aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, works to protect democracy and core values, focusing on local communities. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
Alanon Family Meeting
- An Alanon meeting for family and friends of alcoholics takes place at 7 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
- Creative writing class, no experience required, meets at 2 p.m. for 13 weeks, Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Amanda Chiado at (408) 621-5114.
Women in Touch
- Women in Touch II invite others to renew friendships and make new ones. Meetings, which include lunch and entertainment, take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Gilroy Elks Lodge. The cost is $23, reservations required. Call Mary Saccullo at (408) 847-1964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursdays to April 4
Intermediate Bridge Lessons
- Learn to play bridge from 2:30 to 4 p.m. at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7871 Hanna St. There will be a lecture, pre-dealt practice hands and handouts. Register with Patty Stone at email@example.com or call (408) 981-1043 or (408) 846-2952.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
Late Evening Gym
- Come to a safe space and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym, 222 I.O.O.F. Ave. Food is served. Program for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. A permission slip is needed if attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. They play songs from their past three songbooks, which are available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
- Join the Gilroy Garlicky Group of poets for poetry fun from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Gilroy Public Library, 350 W. 6th St. Come join the fun. This is very low key with all levels welcome from the South Valley.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St., and provides a safe place to share grief. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Container Gardening for All Seasons
- Learn all about growing vegetables and ornamental plants in containers from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St. Watering, nutrients, soil mix and other requirements will be discussed. Discover what types of plants are perfect container candidates. Find out about the many benefits of growing in containers and add interest and beauty to your outdoor space.
Art & Play in Pre & K!
- Parents of toddlers, preschool, and kindergarten age children are invited to a morning of activities and fun experiences with your child at the Mount Madonna School Preschool and Kindergarten at 9:30 a.m. RSVPs encouraged. Details: Benna Dimig at (408) 846-4042 or email@example.com.
Pruning Deciduous Fruit Trees
- Learn the basics of pruning fruit trees from 10 a.m. to noon at the St. Louise Hospital Teaching and Demonstration Garden, 9400 No Name Uno, Gilroy. Not only will pruning techniques be demonstrated, but if you’d like to try pruning yourself, bring some pruning shears and gloves. Presented by UCCE Master Gardeners South Santa Clara County. This class will be cancelled if it is raining.
Pruning Roses Demonstration
- Learn the basics of pruning roses from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the St. Louise Hospital Teaching and Demonstration Garden, 9400 No Name Uno Way, Gilroy. This class will be an actual demonstration of how to prune roses properly. It will be given by David Giroux and Marianne Sugg, volunteer leaders for 20 years at the San Jose Heritage Rose Garden. This class will be cancelled if it is raining.
Working for our Father Workshop
- Men and women of all Christian denominations are invited to the Working for our Father Workshop from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Old City Hall Restaurant, Gilroy. A continental breakfast, lunch and workshop materials are included in the $20 if registered by Feb. 12; $25 afterward. Register at www.cicintl.org/wfofg19 or call (408) 375-7746.
Please send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.