Ongoing Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A course for motorists 50 and older is taking place. Must call and register to get date and location. Participants will familiarize themselves with driver safety and new laws. No tests. Course, materials and instructor provided. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m.
Free Guitar Lessons
- Free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery, a 12-step program for those suffering from overeating, under-eating or bulimia, meet at 7 p.m., Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meet at the Merrill Gardens Activity Room, 7600 Isabella Way, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte on Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Active Living Programs
- Meet from 1:30 to 2:40 p.m. at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: (408) 607-8254 or email@example.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join with other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Monday & Thursday
- Bridge games begin at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat..
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- From 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Masters swimming for adults looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
- Each class consists of a short introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. Suggested donation $5. No one turned away.
Tuesday & Thursday
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the first Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items, at 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Student Recovery/Life Skills Class
- “God Heals” is an eight-step program for middle and high schoolers providing life skills. Free classes take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Cathedral of Faith, 7250 Forest St. Details: Suzie at (408) 497-2494.
Alzheimer, Dementia Care Support
- Find support, respite, and education 6:30 p.m. in the activities room at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Anne Seckinger at (408) 857-7811.
American Sewing Guild
- If you love to sew and work with fabric you’ll enjoy meeting with like-minded people who are part of a group of sewing enthusiasts who challenge and teach each other sewing skills. They meet at 10 a.m. in the Jackson Oaks area of Morgan Hill. Details: www.asgsanjose.org.
SV Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, San Martin and Hollister. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second, Fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley, a grassroots effort aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, works to protect democracy and core values, focusing on local communities. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
Alanon Family Meeting
- An Alanon meeting for family and friends of alcoholics takes place at 7 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 824-8201.
- Creative writing class, no experience required, meets at 2 p.m. for 13 weeks, Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Amanda Chiado at (408) 621-5114.
- Learn leadership skills and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings. Held at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave., from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email: email@example.com.
Thursdays to April 14
Intermediate Bridge Lessons
- Learn to play bridge from 2:30 to 4 p.m. at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7871 Hanna St. There will be a lecture, pre-dealt practice hands and handouts. Register with Patty Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 981-1043 or (408) 846-2952.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m., early games start at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
Late Evening Gym
- Come to a safe space and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym, 222 I.O.O.F. Ave. Food is served. Program for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. A permission slip is needed if attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. They play songs from their past three songbooks, which are available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
- Join the Gilroy Garlicky Group of poets for poetry fun from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Gilroy Public Library, 350 W. 6th St. Come join the fun. This is very low key with all levels welcome from the South Valley.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- Group meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. It provides a safe place to share grief. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email email@example.com.
Now Through March 23
‘The Velocity of Autumn’
- The Limelight Actors Theater presents “The Velocity of Autumn,” at the Gilroy Center for the Arts, 7341 Monterey St. Tickets are $25 and available at www.limelightactorstheater.com.
Now Through March 31
Passport Month is Here
- Follow the Santa Clara Valley Wine Trail during Spring Passport and wine taste in 32 wineries. Many will have food, music and other activities during the month. Use your Passport book to visit 29 Passports Partners before, during or after your wine tasting for exclusive discounts (estimated at more than $350). Get your tickets early at www.springpassport2019.eventbrite.com.
- Fill a grocery bag with Great Books for just $8 or $5 for members at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St. Proceeds support free classes and events at the Gilroy Library. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit: www.friendsofgilroylibrary.org.
Growing Warm Season Vegetables
- Plan your summer garden at this class from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St. Easy to grow vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, beans, cucumbers and squash will be discussed. Learn about basic requirements of these crops including irrigation, soil, nutrients, pest control, harvesting tips and space saving techniques. Harvest fresh vegetables from your garden all summer long. Presented by UCCE Master Gardener Joan Cloutier.
Let the Dice Roll
- Join the fun at the Carolyn Schell Annual PEO Bunco Night from 6 to 9 p.m. at Old City Hall Restaurant, 7400 Monterey Road. Hearty appetizers, dessert, refreshments and a no host bar. Raffle and unique silent auction items will be available. P.E.O. Chapter CG, is a nonprofit philanthropic educational organization, and proceeds benefit women’s scholarships, grants, awards and loans for women. Tickets available at the Nimble Thimble, 7455 Monterey Road, or call (408) 739-2665.
- Help clean litter from San Martin streets and creeks from 8:30 a.m. to noon. Meet at the Sig Sanchez Building, 80 W. Highland Ave., San Martin.
Please send calendar items to email@example.com.