Celebrate the Santa Clara Valley Wineries bi-annual event in March and get a month of wine tasting at their weekly events during Spring 2019 Passport Month.
Many of the South Valley wineries and some of the local wine bars and restaurants will celebrate with wine tasting events, food and live music. In addition to the participating wineries there are many sponsors offering discounts at their restaurants and hotels.
A passport, good for the entire month, is just $50 and includes wine tasting March 1 to 31 (days and hours based on individual wineries) and Passport Partner discounts during the month. Wineries may have food and entertainment, pour special wines, offer barrel samples and attractive discounts.
- Clos La Chance will have live music as follows: March 10, Marcus Miller, 1 to 4 p.m.; March 17, David Johnson, 1 to 4 p.m.; March 24, Carlos Padilla, 1 to 4 p.m.; and March 31, Free Spirit, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Satori Cellars: March 9, Mozaic Band; March 17, Serenade Duo; March 24, John and Becki Duo; and March 31, Cook ‘N Fenny Combo.
- Fortino Winery: March 16, Free Spirit; and March 30, Mike Mendoza.
- The Stomping Ground: March 9, Dylan Keawe Band; March 16, Matt Massih Band; March 23 and 24, RB3 Band; and March 30, Troy Fernandez Band.
- Seeker Vineyards: March 9, Rock The Heat; and March 16, Chris AB.
- Aver Family Vineyard: March 9, Michael Barrett and Kim Morganthaler. Tickets are available at www.santaclarawines.com/passport.html
On another note, make sure you get your tickets soon for Gavilan Community College’s popular Bach to Blues music festival, which will be held at the Gilroy campus theater Saturday, March 16, starting at 7 p.m. This annual faculty concert will bring together many talented local performing artists including Maria Amirkhanian, Dahveed Behroozi, Alberto Marqués, Nate Pruitt, Sam Sotelo and the Gavilan Performance Ensemble made up of music students. The winner of the Marian Filice Youth Piano Competition will also perform on the keys.
Tickets range from $10 for students to $25 for VIP passes. They’re available at the box office the day of the concert. Or get them early at Porcella’s Music in downtown Gilroy or BookSmart in its new location in the Vineyard Shopping Center in Morgan Hill.
Got a music tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Mark Fenichel (see all)
- Music in the Air … with Mark ‘Fenny’ Fenichel: Some old favorites and a few exciting new bands at the 2019 FNMS - March 15, 2019
- Music in the Air … with Mark ‘Fenny’ Fenichel: Your Spring Passport to live music in March is at our local wineries - March 1, 2019
- Music in the Air. . . with Mark ‘Fenny’ Fenichel: A Night at the Grange brings bluegrass to South Valley with band Sideline - February 1, 2019