Discover the fun you can have in the coming weeks
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery, a 12-step program for those suffering from overeating, under-eating or bulimia, meet at 7 p.m., Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Monday & Thursday
- Enjoy bridge games that begin at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- From 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. For adults looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
- Class consists of a short introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or visit 16165 Monterey Road, #200.
- Learn leadership skills and life skills at the Adam’s 4-H meetings. Held from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Gilroy Grange, 8191 Swanston Lane. Details: email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tues. & Thurs.
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the first Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items, at 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Student Recovery/Life Skills Class
- “God Heals” is an eight-step program for middle and high schoolers providing life skills. Free classes take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Cathedral of Faith, 7250 Forest St. Details: Suzie at (408) 497-2494.
Alzheimer, Dementia Care Support
- Find support, respite, and education 6:30 p.m. in the activities room at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Anne Seckinger at (408) 857-7811.
American Sewing Guild
- If you love to sew and work with fabric, you’ll enjoy meeting a group of sewing enthusiasts who challenge and teach each other sewing skills. Meet at 10 a.m. in the Jackson Oaks area of Morgan Hill. Details: www.asgsanjose.org.
SV Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, San Martin and Hollister. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
2nd, 4th Wednesdays
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley, a grassroots effort aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, works to protect democracy and core values, focusing on local communities. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
Alanon Family Meeting
- An Alanon meeting for family and friends of alcoholics takes place at 7 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
Creative Writing Class
- No experience required, meets at 2 p.m. for 13 weeks, Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: (408) 621-5114.
Line Dance Lessons
- Get some exercise, have some food and drinks and a lot of fun with free line dance lesson from JMJ for beginners that take place from 7 to 8 p.m. and intermediate lessons from 8 to 9 p.m. at Capos Night Club, 7588 Monterey Road, Gilroy.
- Learn leadership skills and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings. Held at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave., from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women in Touch
- Women in Touch II invites others to renew friendships and make new ones. Meetings, which include lunch and entertainment, take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Gilroy Elks Lodge. The cost is $23, reservations required. Call 408) 847-1964 or email email@example.com.
- Doors open at 4 p.m., early games start at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 781-4498.
Late Evening Gym
- Come to a safe space and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym, 222 I.O.O.F. Ave. Food is served. Program for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. A permission slip is needed if attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
San Martin Horsemen Meet
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. They play songs from their past three songbooks, which are available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Gilroy Poetry Fun
- Join the Gilroy Garlicky Group of poets for poetry fun from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Gilroy Public Library, 350 W. 6th St. This is very low key with all levels welcome.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. It provides a safe place to share grief. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maker Faire at Library
- Get ready for the greatest show (and tell) on Earth as the Maker Faire comes to the Gilroy Library from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. From artists and crafters, to scientists and engineers, Maker Faires are a venue for “Makers” to present their hobbies, experiments and projects in a family friendly setting. Details: gilroy.makerfaire.com.
July 15 – 19
Tech Theater Experience
- Learn behind-the-scenes skills at this one-week Tech Theater Experience program from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with performances at 7:30 p.m. July 19 and 4 p.m. July 20. For children 10 to 16. Details: (408) 832-7148.
- The Morgan Hill Historical Society’s Community Picnic takes place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Villa Mira Monte, 17860 Monterey Road. It includes a barbecue (you can bring a picnic), WERC birds demonstrations, kids crafts, face painting, a youth mariachi competition and more.
Please send calendar items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Marty Cheek (see all)
- Nonprofit profile: ‘Godspell’ takes honor as best 2019 SVCT show - October 11, 2019
- Student Video Contest - October 10, 2019
- Symphony’s opening concert will feature music from the silver screen - September 27, 2019