Women’s Support Group
- Join an eight-week personal study session with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions depending on the needs of the participants involved. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A refresher course for motorists 50 and older is currently taking place. You must call and register to get the dates and location. Participants will familiarize themselves with driver safety and new laws. No tests. Course, materials and instructor provided. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. Details and to register: Please call (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery, a 12-step program for those suffering from overeating, under-eating or bulimia, meet at 7 p.m., Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
Parkinson’s Support Group
Parkinson’s patients and their caregivers are invited to attend from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way, Gilroy. Details: (408) 691-5982
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte on Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Active Living Programs
- This group meets from 1:30 to 2:40 p.m. at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: (408) 607-8254 or email@example.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Monday & Thursday
- Enjoy games that begin at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon., Wed., Fri., & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Swim from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Sessions are for adults looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
- Class consists of a short introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or visit 16165 Monterey Road, #200.
- Learn leadership skills and life skills at the Adam’s 4-H meetings. Held from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Gilroy Grange, 8191 Swanston Lane. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SV Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Free Ukulele Jam Session
- Have fun with an enthusiastic group of ukulele players at the monthly Gilroy Ukulele Jam, 6 to 8 p.m., at Old City Hall Restaurant, 7400 Monterey Road. All playing levels are welcome; free beginner lessons from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the first Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items, at 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Student Recovery/Life Skills Class
- “God Heals” is an eight-step program for middle and high schoolers providing life skills. Free classes take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Cathedral of Faith, 7250 Forest St. Details: Suzie at (408) 497-2494.
Alzheimer, Dementia Care Support
- Find support, respite, and education 6:30 p.m. in the activities room at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Anne Seckinger at (408) 857-7811.
American Sewing Guild
- If you love to sew and work with fabric, you’ll enjoy meeting a group of enthusiasts who challenge and teach each other sewing skills. Meet at 10 a.m. in the Jackson Oaks area of Morgan Hill. Details: www.asgsanjose.org.
Wind Symphony Meets
- The Morgan Hill Wind Symphony meets for rehearsals from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave. No auditions are needed and there are openings in all sections. Anyone who plays a brass, woodwind or percussion instrument and has at least two years of experience is free to join. Details: email email@example.com or visit www.mhws.org.
Alzheimer’s, Dementia Support
- Get support, respite and education at these monthly meetings in the Activities Room, at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Anne Seckinger at (408) 857-7811.
2nd & 4th Wednesday
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley, a grassroots effort aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, works to protect democracy and core values, focusing on local communities. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
Alanon Family Meeting
- A meeting for family, friends of alcoholics takes place at 7 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 824-8201.
Creative Writing Class
- No experience needed, meet at 2 p.m. 13 weeks, Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: (408) 621-5114.
- Learn leadership skills and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings. Held at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave., from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email: email@example.com.
Women in Touch
- Women in Touch II invites others to renew friendships and make new ones. Meetings, which include lunch and entertainment, take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Gilroy Elks Lodge. The cost is $23, reservations required. Call 408) 847-1964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m., early games start at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 781-4498.
Late Evening Gym
- Come to a safe space and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym, 222 I.O.O.F. Ave. Food is served. Program for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. A permission slip is needed if attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
San Martin Horsemen Meet
- The San Martin Horsemen’s Association meets at 7 p.m. at the San Martin Lion’s Club, 12415 Murphy Ave. Details: www.smhorse.org.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. They play songs from their past three songbooks, which are available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
Gilroy Poetry Fun
- Join the Gilroy Garlicky Group of poets for poetry fun from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at the Gilroy Public Library, 350 W. 6th St. This is very low key with all levels welcome.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. It provides a safe place to share grief. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email email@example.com.
Flowers, Herbs for Fall Gardens
- Learn about winter/fall flowers and herbs that add beauty, attract beneficial insects and grow well in the cool weather, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St.
Boots and Badges
- Attend Boots and Badges, a fundraiser to raise money for the Gilroy Police Department takes place from 5 to 9:30 p.m., at Fortino Winery, 4525 Hecker Pass Highway. Tickets are $95 and include a barbecue with dancing to the Second Wind Band. Tickets are available at the Gilroy Welcome Center at the Gilroy Outlets or online at www.GilroyPoliceFoundation.org. Details: Linda Wieck at (408) 722-7309 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the Day Walk
- Witness the landscape come alive as the sun rises over Santa Clara Valley on a gentle dawn stroll around the 1.2-mile Aquila Loop at 5341 Sierra Vista Open Space Preserve. Bring a flashlight or headlamp, layers for warmth, and water. Gates will be open at 6 a.m.
YMCA Fall-Anthropy Celebration
- Celebrate this year’s Fall-Anthropy awardees with the Mt. Madonna YMCA at Sarah’s Vineyard, 4005 Hecker Pass Highway. Tickets are $50 and available at Eventbrite.
Mindfulness and Meditation
- To celebrate World Mental Health Day this month, join the Open Space Authority with guest meditation experts for a peaceful evening under the night sky at Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve from 6 to 8 p.m., 550 Palm Ave. Come learn how to calm your inner thoughts in a beautiful, natural, and safe setting. Please register at (408) 782-1284 by the number of vehicles your group will be driving to the event.
Exploring the Azores
- Al Pinheiro from Caravelle Travel talks will discuss the culture and atmosphere of the beautiful Azores off the coast of Portugal, from 10 a.m. to noon at the Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Call (408) 846-0414 to reserve your spot. The fee is $10.
- Fortino Winery Fall Boutique will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., 4005 Hecker Pass Highway. Vendors, crafts and excellent wine. Visit for a day of shopping and sipping your favorite Fortino wines. Free to the public.
Send calendar items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Community Calendar - October 11, 2019
- Calendar of Events: October 2 – 15, 2019 issue of Gilroy Life - September 27, 2019
- Calendar of Events: Published in the September 18 – October 1, 2019 issue of Gilroy Life - September 14, 2019