Published in the November 29 – December 12, 2017 issue of Gilroy Life
Free guitar lessons
- Gorden Gibson teaches free guitar lessons at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St., from noon to 1 p.m. Details: (408) 846-0414.
Line dancing lessons
- Line dancing from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
Parkinson’s support group
- Meet at the Village Green Senior Living Center, 7600 Isabella Way, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Mon., Wed., Fri. & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- Workout from 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. Masters swimming is for adult swimmers looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
- Games at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ladies Golf Club
- The Gilroy Ladies Golf Club is looking for new members. Details: (408) 779-0886 or (408) 776-7509.Thursdays
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m. with early bird games starting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 398-5107.
Late evening gym
- Come to a safe space to play games, food and fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym. This is for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. Must get a permission slip if you are attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
- The Flea Market takes place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the San Martin Presbyterian Church, 13200 Lincoln Ave. Space available for $15.
- Join the poetry fun with the longest running group in South County area from 3:30 to 5 p.m., Gilroy Public Library, 350 W. 6th St. All levels welcome.
First, third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- This group provides a safe and respectful place to share grief. It meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audition for play
- The Gilroy Children’s Musical Theater seek local youth ages 5 to 18 to star in “Rock The Mic!” This is a high-energy youth pop concert featuring a hit parade of chart busting hits from the ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s and today. Auditions take place from 4:30 to 7 p.m., at the Morgan Hill Community Center, 17000 Monterey Road. Details or to sign up to audition, visit www.gilroychildrensmusicaltheater.com.
Omelet, pancake supper
- The cheapest, yet most delicious breakfast you will ever eat for supper will be held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at the Gilroy Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall, 6000 Miller Ave. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children younger than 12. An omelet will be prepared with your choice of ham, sausage, cheese, pepper, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes by Lions and friends of the Gilroy Lions Club. One hundred percent of the profits will be used for sight conservation in South County. Details: (408) 847-5564.
Enjoy the holiday parade
- The annual Gilroy Holiday Parade will be held beginning at 2:30 pm, in downtown Gilroy, and welcomes more than 5,000 residents, participants and supporters. Details: Melanie Corona at email@example.com.
South Bay Singers
- Revisit warm holiday memories with the South Bay Singers as they present their seasonal concert entitled “Holiday Friends Forever.” It will be an afternoon filled with music sure to warm your heart. Holiday Friends Forever will be presented at 3 p.m., at Gilroy Presbyterian Church, 6000 Miller Ave., Gilroy. Tickets are $20 (children younger than 12 are free) and are available from choir members, at the door or at www.southbaysingers.com.
- Tamale take out sale from noon to 4 p.m. at the American Legion Post 217. Details: Bobby at (408) 310-9419 or Nick at (408) 763-7744.
VA mobile medical outreach
- A Veterans Administration Mobile Medical Outreach Team will visit the Gilroy Veterans Memorial Building, 74 W. 6th St., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Talk with representatives about enrollment, eligibility, examinations, flu shots and more.
Dec. 5, 12 & 19
Life Skills program
Restore! Life Skills is a series for parents in the Gilroy Unified School District. In each session from 6 to 8 p.m., parents will learn simple restorative breathing exercises, meditation practices, and relaxation techniques. Translation and child care provided. Details: (408) 426-7038.
Book Bag Sale
- The Friends of the Gilroy Library is holding a Book Bag Sale from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Gilroy Library, 350 W. Sixth St.
Send calendar items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Celebrate Life: Calendar of Events: Published in the October 17 – 30, 2018 issue of Gilroy Life - October 12, 2018
- Oct. 4, 2018: Duckie Derbie Paddle Boat Races at Gilroy Gardens - September 30, 2018
- Community Calendar – Published in the October 3 – 16, 2018 issue of Gilroy Life - September 28, 2018