Women’s Support Group
- An eight-week personal study with other caring women healing from post-abortion. These are individual or group sessions depending on the needs of participants. Details: (408) 847-8880.
AARP Safe Driving Course
- A course for motorists 50 and older is taking place. Must call and register to get date and location. Participants will familiarize themselves with driver safety and new laws. No tests. Course, materials and instructor provided. There is a minimal DMV certificate fee. Details and to register: (408) 779-7117 between 1 and 7 p.m.
Line Dancing Lessons
- Line dancing lessons from 7 to 9 p.m. at the San Martin Lions Club, 12415 Murphy Ave.
- Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at South Valley Community Church, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Details: (408) 848-2363.
Food Addict Meetings
- Food Addicts in Recovery, a 12-step program for those suffering from overeating, under-eating or bulimia, meet at 7 p.m., Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave. Details: 800-600-6028 or www.foodaddicts.org.
Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meet at the Merrill Gardens Activity Room, 7600 Isabella Way, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Details: Judy at (408) 607-8254.
Car Lovers Meet
- The Valle del Sur region of the Antique Automobile Club of America meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Villa Mira Monte on Monterey Road. Details: www.valledelsur-aaca.com.
Active Living Programs
- Meets from 1:30 to 2:40 p.m. at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: (408) 607-8254 or email@example.com.
Parenting Support Group
- Join other moms to learn, share and journey through parenting at 10 a.m. Details: (408) 847-8880.
Monday & Thursday
- Enjoy bridge games that begin at 1:20 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays at the Gilroy Senior Center, 7371 Hanna St. Details: (408) 921-8512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mon., Wed., Fri., & Sat.
Join the Gilroy Gators Masters
- From 5 to 6 a.m. and most Saturdays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Gilroy High School. For adults looking to get in or stay in shape, or for triathletes looking for more swim time and/or instruction. Details: www.gilroygators.org or email email@example.com.
- Each class consists of a short introduction, a 20-minute meditation, and a brief discussion. It takes place from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. E-mail artofyogamorganhill.com, or drop by 16165 Monterey Road, Suite 200. Suggested donation $5. No one turned away.
Free Ukulele Jam Session
- Have fun with an enthusiastic group of ukulele players at the monthly Gilroy Ukulele Jam, 6 to 8 p.m., at Old City Hall Restaurant, 7400 Monterey Road. All playing levels are welcome; free beginner lessons from 5:15 to 5:45 p.m.
- Learn leadership skills and life skills at the Adam’s 4-H meetings. Held from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Gilroy Grange, 8191 Swanston Lane. Details: email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
- The St. Catherine Community Closet is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and the first Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. Get free, gently-used clothing and household items, at 13570 Depot St., San Martin. Details: (408) 857-4516.
Student Recovery/Life Skills Class
- “God Heals” is an eight-step program for middle and high schoolers providing life skills. Free classes take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Cathedral of Faith, 7250 Forest St. Details: Suzie at (408) 497-2494.
Alzheimer, Dementia Care Support
- Find support, respite, and education 6:30 p.m. in the activities room at Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: Anne Seckinger at (408) 857-7811.
American Sewing Guild
- If you love to sew and work with fabric, you’ll enjoy meeting a group of sewing enthusiasts who challenge and teach each other sewing skills. Meet at 10 a.m. in the Jackson Oaks area of Morgan Hill. Details: www.asgsanjose.org.
SV Woodworkers Meet
- If you are a woodworker or enjoy working with wood you might enjoy joining the South Valley Woodworkers, serving South San Jose, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, San Martin and Hollister. The group meets at 7 p.m. in Morgan Hill. Details: www.southvalleywoodworkers.org.
Second, Fourth Wed.
Indivisible South Valley
- Indivisible South Valley, a grassroots effort aligned with the national Indivisible Movement, works to protect democracy and core values, focusing on local communities. Meetings are from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at the clubhouse on Montoya Circle.
Alanon Family Meeting
- An Alanon meeting for family and friends of alcoholics takes place at 7 p.m. at Gilroy First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave.
- Learn leadership and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email email@example.com or call (408) 824-8201.
Creative Writing Class
- No experience required, meets at 2 p.m. for 13 weeks, Merrill Gardens, 7600 Isabella Way. Details: (408) 621-5114.
- Learn leadership skills and life skills at the Pacheco Pass 4-H meetings. Held at the Lion’s Club of San Martin, 12415 Murphy Ave., from 7 to 8 p.m. Details: email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women in Touch
- Women in Touch II invites others to renew friendships and make new ones. Meetings, which include lunch and entertainment, take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Gilroy Elks Lodge. The cost is $23, reservations required. Call 408) 847-1964 or email email@example.com.
Friday Night Bingo
- Doors open at 4 p.m., early games start at 6 p.m. at the VFW, 74 W. Sixth St.
- Group meets at 6 p.m. for food, 7 p.m. for large groups and 8 p.m. for small groups, at New Hope Community Church, 8886 Muraoka St. Details: (408) 781-4498.
Late Evening Gym
- Come to a safe space and have fun from 6 to 9 p.m. at the El Portal gym, 222 I.O.O.F. Ave. Food is served. Program for ages 13 to 19 though younger children are allowed if accompanied by a parent or sibling older than 18. A permission slip is needed if attending for the first time. Details: (408) 846-0460 or (408) 846-0313.
Ukulele Sunrise Jam
- Players meet at 8:30 a.m. for an hour of jamming at Café 152 Bread Company, 60 4th St. They play songs from their past three songbooks, which are available at www.GilroyUkuleleJam.com.
First & Third Sundays
Grief Support Group
- Group meets at 2 p.m. at the United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St. It provides a safe place to share grief. Details: (408) 607-5779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compassion Center Fundraiser
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, 6955 Camino Arroyo #70, will host a fundraiser where a percentage of all sales will go directly to supporting the Gilroy Compassion Center. Have a meal and mention the “Gilroy Compassion Center “when you order. Details: www.gilroycompassioncenter.org.
Coffee with a Cop
- Got a question or just want to talk with a Gilroy Police officer? The next coffee with a cop takes place from 10 a.m. to noon, at Panera Bread, 6865 Camino Arroyo.
June 24 – July 19
STAR Summer Day Camps
- Act, dance, sing and have fun at the Summer Day Camp Musical Theater. Practices are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday with performances July 19 and 20. For children ages 8 to 16 at Brownell Middle School, 7800 Carmel St. Details: www.starartseducation.wixsite.com/star.
June 24 – July 12
STAR Gilroy Video Summer Camp
- Learn video production at the STAR Gilroy Video Summer Camp. Classes are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday with the Nova Film Festival held July 12. For children ages 10 to 16. Details: M. Abad at (408) 832-7148.
Please send calendar items to email@example.com.
Latest posts by Calendar Editor (see all)
- Community Calendar - October 11, 2019
- Calendar of Events: October 2 – 15, 2019 issue of Gilroy Life - September 27, 2019
- Calendar of Events: Published in the September 18 – October 1, 2019 issue of Gilroy Life - September 14, 2019